March 4, 2011

Day 1 ~ My birthday

Last year, I was asked if I was going to do anything special when I turned 40. Barely a day into my 39th birthday, and 40 comes up? What?! Many women dread this, I know. I’m not the type to be in denial or in the fetal position over it, but if I absolutely had to turn 40, then I needed to figure out how best to do it. Or, better yet, “where.” So for the last year I’ve planned and saved, and next month I leave for Paris. I’ll live there for almost 40 days–something I’ve wanted to do since I was a little girl.

Today marks my actual 40th birthday. But quite frankly 40 feels a lot like 39. Which honestly felt a lot like 29 except with more money, more experience, and certainly better choices. Even though my age is 40, I can sincerely say there is a spirit in me that is still 29 or 19 or even 9. Perhaps it’s because I’m giving that little girl in me the gift she’s always wanted. A grand adventure. So to this birthday I say, Bonjour 40! I’m here. Let’s begin… 

{Next posting is March 25th. Follow my blog to receive notices of new entries…}

6 comments:

Whitney Anderson said...

Karen,

Happy 40th and have fun! I went to Paris 6 years ago and it was so much fun. I can't wait for another "virtual" trip.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Karen! Looking forward to following you on your journey. It will be fun. For my 50th birthday, I went to the Olympic peninsula and mountains. That's me on one of the beaches in my photo. I couldn't spend 50 days there but still had a ball.
(sorry earlier comment wasn't mean to be anonymous.)

Anonymous said...

Bonne anniversaire, Karen! 40 et Paris c'est magnifique! Nous vous souhaitons un très bon séjour en Paris. On a hâte de recevoir les fotos.

Carole et Willie L

Bruce said...

JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE! Je vais être sûr d'avoir des frites françaises en votre honneur aujourd'hui. Dans l'attente de la mise à jour. BTW - Nice comparer avec la veste de survêtement. N'étions-nous pas un style à l'époque.

TruffleArt said...

Joyeux anniversaire Karen! Je sais que vous apprécierez votre temps à Paris - et nous allons profiter de votre blog! Ont une grande week-end anniversaire - étreintes à vous tous.

Telva

Karen A. Chase said...

Merci beaucoup to all of you who have joined in on the blog. My next posting will come out March 25th – I'm preparing for the trip, reading all sorts of books, and glad you're coming along for the journey.